Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)
Post Date: 23 November 2019
Total Vacancy: 249 posts
Brief Information: Indian Air Force(IAF) has released a notification for the post of Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2020 for Flying Branch and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical). Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the Notification and may apply for the post.
2. Starting Date: 01 Dec 2019
3. Last Date to Apply for the post: 30 Dec 2019
4. AFCAT 1 2020 Exam Date: 3rd week of February 2020
2. Total Posts:- 249 Posts
3. Post Title: Rank at "Flying Officer"
4. Pay Matrix(7th Pay commission): Rs. 56100 - 110700
5. Flight Cadets shall receive a fixed stipend of Rs 56,100/- per month during the last year of training.
1. Rs. 75 Lakhs Insurance Cover (on contribution) is applicable to serving officers. Additional cover of Rs. 12 Lakhs (on contribution) is applicable to Flying Branch Officers.
2. Air Force Officers are entitled to furnished accommodation, comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents, Canteen, Officers Mess, loans at subsidized rates, LTC, etc. Leave (60 days annual and 20 days casual) subject to service exigencies.
Minimum Age: 20 Years
Maximum Age: 24 Years
Candidates born between 02-01-1997 to 01-01-2001 (both dates inclusive)
For Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch:
Minimum Age: 20 Years
Maximum Age: 26 Years
Candidates born between 02-01-1995 to 01-01-2001 (both dates inclusive).
Training will commence in the first week of January 2021 for all courses at Air Force Academy Dundigal (Hyderabad). The duration of training for Flying and Ground Duty (Technical) Branches is 74 weeks and that of Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches is 52 weeks at Air Force Training Establishments.
What is AFCAT?
Every year, the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is conducted by the Indian Air Force. Indian Air Force is the fourth largest air force in the world.
How to Join AFCAT?
AFCAT is a common admission test. You are not joining AFCAT, it is just a test to join as an officer in the Indian Air Force. If you successfully clear this test, you are eligible to join as a Flying officer in the Indian Air force.
What is the Salary Offer by IAF to Officers joining through AFCAT?
For the year 2020, AFCAT aspiring candidates, the salary will be offered on the 7th Pay commission to successfully selected candidates. The salary would be on the Pay Matrix of Rs. 56100 - Rs. 110700. Whereas, for the candidates, while on the training they are entitled to receive a fixed stipend of Rs 56,100/- per month as a flight cadet.